Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Shrieking Cat, Magic Fork, and Mr. Nasty Sun


Last saturday, we bought Shannon to East Coast Park for her VERY FIRST Bicycle ride! And she had her favourite buddies, Elijah, Ethan and Kirsten for company too...

We started out the day with Breakfast at Macs, and Shannon wolfed down half a hotcake. after that it was off to the bicycle shack to get the bikes. I have to say that it has been way toooooo long since I rode a bike! Check out the pics!


All tanked up with food and ready to go!!!!!!
Mommy, you mean we are gonna cycle ALL the WAY back home?

Gulp! Better hang on tight! Where's Daddy?



Shannon enjoyed the ride but she started fussing when we headed back and Mr. Nasty Sun was in her eyes. Fussing turned to whining, and whining turned to crying, and before I knew it, I had a wailing cry baby in my arms trying to do aero-acrobatics in her seat! Who knew Shannon was a vainpot afraid of freckles? Anyway, in the end I had to push the bike and HER for a long while before Raymond came along and saved the day. We struggled to buckle her in her seat again, and let me tell you, if you have EVER tried to strap a shrieking cat into a cat bag before, that was how Shannon was like!

All's well that ends well, we finally reached our starting point, and the wild cat turned back into the demure baby gal, HAH!

Have to say we had a great time, and the highlight of the activity? Ethan and Elijah failing asleep in their bicycle seats while being ferried... that I have to say, is SUPERB training! Have you every tried sleeping while cycling??? Ask the two experts how to do it!


After East Coast, Mal, Shannon and I headed back to Fairway for lunch, and Shannon decided to surprise us again, this time using a fork to eat unassisted for the very first time! Hooray! She managed to jab a few pieces of Bao skin and pop it into her mouth.... our baby is really growing up! She must be thinking that the magic fork is a godsend!
Where is my food? Where is my food?

What's the matter? Never seen anyone use a fork before?



No comments: