Monday, October 09, 2006

The Chronicles of Shannon - PERTH TRIP - 7 Oct to 9 Oct

7th October, Saturday

Another fine day with temperatures hovering between 15C to 24C! Today our agenda is full! We returned the Hatch early in the morning, and Eileen drove us up north to Kiwana, about 1/2 hours drive away. Accordingly to her, the little community threr sets up a monthly market there to raise funds for the community projects, or something like that.

The market was great fun! The atomsphere there was very carnival and we saw alot of stalls selling homemade jams and chutney, jewellery, unique clothings, handicraft, and food! We each had hotdogs in the open jammed packed garden, with hot chocolate and coffee from the tiny theater beside us... how quaint is that?? Absolutely delightful.

With our bellies packed, we started shopping.... lots of things to see and so very tempted to buy! We passed by a stall selling frosted cupcakes, and they were sooo sweet that I just had to queue and get one to try... Yummy!

Mal also got a snazzy funky pair of handmade pants for Shannon, look how cool is that! Eileen commented that Shannon will own the only pair of pants which looks like this in SG... haha!

There were stalls selling beautiful wind chimes, stained glass oraments and crystals twinkling in the bright sun... I sneakily bought one for Eileen to deco her cozy little home, she loved it!

And Eileen bought me a early birthday present, a matching handmade set of gemstone necklace and earrings.... thanks pal!

The weather and the atomsphere was so different from our night Pasar Malams. We enjoyed the friendly atomsphere with people giving way to us for the bulky pram and stopping just to say Hi to Shannon and pat her cheeks.


After the markets, we stopped by one of Eileen's favourite Rose Nursery for Scones and Jam.... yummmmmm...and I just have to say this. This was the first time I ever had English tea of Scones with cream and jam, but I am a true instant convert! The blooming roses and a little pond there added to the charm of the place...no wonder it is a favourite place to get married! Another glorious place....



We ended the day at Eileen's home with another home cooked dinner and then it was straight to bed for us tired people.... zzzzz....


8th October, Sunday By Shannon
Mommy had initially wanted to go Fremantle today to satisfy her craving of Corn on a stick, and intro Daddy to their freshly made crepes. But after such a tiring day yesterday, they decided to have a quiet day today and start our hugemonous task for packing... I of course will be busy playing and streching my legs while they are busy packing.....can't believe our holiday is almost over!

Daddy, Mommy and Aunty Eileen bought me to the 10am mass at St. Andrews Church. It really is a very delightful and beautiful little chapel, with stained glass windows and dark brown wooden pews. Mommy liked the serenity of the place, and commented that the commentary that the priest gave was very relevant. Of course, I had to spoil it for her by starting to fuss and being carried out right in the middle of it... how Ma Lu is that? Can't help it that I was hungry right?

After that, Eileen bought us to Northbridge for dimsum.... yummmmmm..... and Daddy and mommy let me have my FIRST Chao Siew Bao! Well technically, it was Chao Siew Bao skin, but who cares? I also slurped up some yummy Tofu Fa... next stop, Peking duck!

We then bundled home to watch Daddy start cramming our stuff into our two puny suitcases. Aunuty Eileen made some tasty corn muffins for Aunty Angie, and at 6pm, we headed to Aunty Angie's house for dinner.

I don't want to be mean, but there was a huge furball in their house... wonder how long do they clean their house.... and it was moving too! yeeks! Oh.... sorry, correction needed, that was their doggie, Cougar, and he was a really lovable big furball! I couldn't wait to pet him!

Aunty Angie made Seafood Horfun which was very yummy, from what I hear from Daddy, since I couldn't have any! (fuming!) And after that, the rest continued to pig out on Durian while I sit and watch! It is soooo unfair!

9th October, Monday (By Shannon)
Here it goes again! Daddy and Mommy are in a frenzy early this morning, running around the house for I dunno what? Then all of a sudden I see not 3 but 4 big bags get squeezed into Aunty Eileen's car.... what's going on? And my bee bee? The one which hangs on the car window to distract me from my hunger pangs? What happened to it? Why was it all squashed into the bag? Hey! I want that back, you know! Grrrr....

(By Shannon's Mommy)
Okie, while Shannon is busy grumbling, let me continue... we packed all our bargains and more! today and had to borrow a bag from Eileen, depsite Mal's insistence that we could cram everything in... well dear... we just couldn't huh? Too many bargains...

Eileen drove us to the airport and we said goodbye with hugs... well, not exactly goodbye, since she is dropping by SG in mid Oct!

We did some last minute shopping before boarding the plane, and took off at 11:30am for home!

Shannon was quite a good gal onboard. Thankfully the plane was half empty, so I could prop her on one of the seats and let her play with her toys...

We touched down at 430pm and Shannon's gong gong and mama were there with our car to drive us home! Can't believe our holiday is over!

No comments: